The processing of your Personal Data will be based on the principles of correctness, lawfulness, transparency, purpose and storage limitation, minimisation and accuracy, integrity and confidentiality, in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation.
- DATA CONTROLLER
The Data Controller is Lavazza Professional UK Limited (hereinafter “Lavazza” and/or the “Data Controller”) with registered office in Armstrong Rd, Basingstoke RG24 8NU, UK, in the person of its legal representative pro tempore.
- DATA PROTECTION OFFICER – DPO
In accordance with the provisions of the Regulation, the Data Controller has identified and appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), who is responsible for monitoring compliance with the Regulation and will be the contact person for data subjects, as well as for the Italian Data Protection Authority. The DPO can be contacted at the email address PrivacyDPO@lavazza.com
- PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED
- Personal details (such as name, surname, date of birth, age, gender, etc.)
- Contact information (email, address, telephone number).
- Bank details required for the management of the business relationship
If a request is sent through the “Contact Us” section of the Lavazza website, certain Personal Data must be provided in order to enable Lavazza to meet demands, and hence the related fields on the registration form are marked as compulsory.
In addition to the above categories of Personal Data, other data you have provided directly (so-called “Contributions”) may be processed and shared on the Social Network pages dedicated to Lavazza (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.). To manage these pages, please refer to the third parties that provide these services. Examples of some of the data collected via social media are the likes, comments, images and in general all the content and information you may have published on the Social Network pages dedicated to products belonging to the various brands of the Lavazza Group.
- PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING
In accordance with the needs associated with accessing the various sections of the Lavazza Websites (and without prejudice to the individual initiatives that involve the provision of specific Personal Data, for which specific privacy notices will be published on a case-to-case basis), the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data and the related legal grounds are indicated below:
- User Details: the procedure of registering to our Website, through the creation of an account by Lavazza , is aimed at allowing you to use the Website as a “Registered User” and to access a series of exclusive services offered through it. The legal basis for processing is the execution of contractual measures to which the data subject is party.
- Purchase of products: by using our Website the customers may purchase Lavazza products as a Registered User (and in this case you do not need to re-enter your Personal Data every time you purchase a product).
Your Personal Data will be processed in order to manage orders and payments, and to fulfil consequent administrative and accounting obligations, as well as to contact you for any information regarding your purchases (for example, information on the status of your orders). The provision of personal data is optional, but necessary to complete the purchase order. The legal basis for the processing is the performance of the Contract to which the data subject is party.
- Management of requests: Personal Data will be collected in order to manage and answer requests about the products and initiatives of the various brands of the Lavazza Group. The legal basis for this processing is the legitimate interest of the Data Controller.
- Commercial contacts of potential customers: personal data relating to potential customers provided to us by the data subjects will be processed for the purpose of proposing the sale of products. The legal basis for the processing is the is the execution of pre-contractual measures.
- Participation in Masterclasses or courses: we may process your Personal Data in order to allow your registration and participation of our Masterclasses and training courses. The legal basis for the processing is the execution of the contract to which you are a contractual party.
- Marketing: Subject to your specific consent, we may process your Personal Data in order to offer you commercial promotions through different channels of communication, as well as to invite you to take part in our promotional initiatives, to participate in our events and to register for our newsletter. The legal basis of this processing is the Consent of the Data Subject, which can be withdrawn at any time.
- Participation in competitions and give-aways: we may process your Personal Data so that you can participate in competitions and give-aways. The legal basis for this processing is the implementation of pre-contractual measures to which the data subject is party.
- Customer Satisfaction: customers’ personal data will be processed in order to allow the company to carry out surveys aimed at improving the quality of the services provided, by virtue of the legitimate interest of the data controller.
- Website Performance: We partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioural metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
In addition to the previous cases:
- Analysis purposes: the Personal Data you have provided when interacting with the Lavazza world and the information regarding this interaction will be collected in our database and will be used to anonymously analyse and improve the services we offer, to assess the efficiency of the activities and initiatives promoted by Lavazza and to conduct statistical analysis on the composition of the database. The legal basis of the processing is the legitimate interest of the Data Controller.
- Any other purpose for which you have provided your specific consent can be withdrawn at any time.
- NATURE OF THE PROVISION
The provision of your Personal Data is optional. However, the failure to provide your Personal Data may result in the impossibility to use certain services (e.g. to place orders and make purchases, to participate in competitions and give-aways, to be sent the newsletter, etc.).
The compulsory or optional nature of the provision of your Personal Data will be marked each time using symbols (e.g. “*”) placed next to the information that requires the provision of data for the respective purpose.
- PROCESSING METHODS
Your Personal Data will be processed in compliance with the provisions of current Privacy Law, with the use of electronic or automated means and manual methods, pursuing the logics strictly connected to the purposes for which the data has been collected, via databases, the electronic platforms managed by Lavazza or by third parties (appointed as Data Processors), the integrated IT systems of Lavazza and the aforesaid third parties, and/or websites owned or used by Lavazza.
Your Data will be processed using methods that ensure the highest level of confidentiality and only by people trained and authorised to process it. The Data Controller adopts all the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk presented in relation to the processing.
The Personal Data will be processed mainly at the offices of the Data Controller and at the places where the Data Processors are located.
- RECIPIENTS OF THE DATA
Your Personal Data may be made accessible, for the purposes stated above, to employees and partners of Lavazza.
The Personal Data you provide may be transferred to the companies of the Lavazza Group and/or third-party companies located within, as well as outside, the European Union/ European Economic Area. These companies carry out the aforementioned activities concerning treatments of personal data on behalf of the Data Controller and will operate as Data Processors.
The Data Controller adopts appropriate guarantees in order to provide an adequate level of protection, equivalent to the one used in EU/EEA.
Finally, your Data may be sent to the judicial authorities where necessary and in the cases provided for by law.
- STORAGE PERIOD OF THE DATA
In order to ensure compliance with the principles of necessity and proportionality of the processing, we have defined various Personal Data storage periods for the individual purposes pursued;
- User Details: The Customer Account will remain active for the duration of the contractual relationship. .
- Invoice data will be stored for an appropriate period of time to ensure the proper performance of the agreement and in any case for an additional 10 years for the purposes of the fulfilment of connected administrative and tax obligations.
- The data collected for the management of competitions and give-aways will be stored for the entire duration of the give-away and for an appropriate period of time to ensure its proper performance. This is without prejudice to the fulfilment of administrative and tax obligations for which the data storage period is provided for by law.
- The data collected for the sending of promotional and advertising material, for which consent has been given, will be stored for a period of time of no longer than 24 months or for any other period of time that may be indicated by the supervisory authorities. If you have not provided the above consent or answered surveys, your personal data will be made anonymous and used for statistical analysis.
- Personal Data relating to potential customers will be stored for 5 years after collection, after which it will be deleted if there is no further relationship.
- Personal data processed for participation in masterclasses or courses will be processed for the duration of the course and for as long as necessary to manage participation in the course itself and related administrative tasks.
- The data collected in order to manage and answer requests about the products and initiatives of the various brands of the Lavazza Group and the data provided when interacting with the Lavazza world will be stored for the period necessary to carry out the requests and will subsequently be cancelled if there is no further contact.
- DATA OF MINORS
Lavazza does not normally collect the Personal Data of minors, nor does it deliberately establish any communication with them. For this reason, we invite parents to actively monitor the online activities of their children under sixteen years of age.
Nevertheless, if we were to contact a minor under 16 years of age, consent must be obtained from his/her parents or the holders of parental responsibility, except in cases such as an answer to his/her question or dealing with his/her request.
- RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
You can exercise the rights set out in articles 15 et seq. of the Regulation against the Data Controller at any time, including:
- the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you exists, regardless of it being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form;
- the right to withdraw the consent you have given for the purposes of the processing at any time;
- the right to access, rectify, erase and limit the processing and portability of your personal data;
- the right to object to its processing any time you wish;
- the right to commence proceedings before the competent supervisory Authority, if you think that the processing of your data is contrary to the laws in force.
- METHODS FOR EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
If you wish to exercise the aforesaid rights, or you wish to have more information on the processing of your personal data, please write an email to: PrivacyDPO@lavazza.com or write to the registered office of the Data Controller in Armstrong Rd, Basingstoke RG24 8NU, UK.